Inspiration for 2018!
I’m not one for New Year’s resolutions and fads but I have always been a planner. I get so excited thinking about the adventures, achievements and growth a new year brings.
As a business owner, it’s also invaluable to use this time as a jumping off point for new routines and goal setting, with all the noise of our busy online and day to day lives, it can be easy to lose our way and become bewildered with how much there is to do and lose sight of our priorities.
As a creative, I’m always bubbling with ideas for adventures, makes, meeting new people and for my two businesses A Rosie Life and Independent Oxford, both of which I am so passionate about and so fortunate to be able to call them my work. However because a new idea can strike at any moment, I need to make sure I spend some time at the beginning of each year to outline my personal goals so that I can come back to these to give myself focus when I’m feeling overwhelmed.
So, to kick off my plans for 2018, here are 5 things I would like to achieve this year:
- Veganuary – I worry about the environmental impact of the dairy industry so I would like to move towards cutting this out of my diet.
- Meet more creatives – I really enjoyed meeting up with some wonderful people at In Colourful Company Margate and I’m really looking forward to the In Colourful Company Oxford meet up in June.
- Writing – I have always had a passion for writing, and really want to find more time to put that English degree to good use! I’m looking forward to blogging more and doing some guest pieces too.
- Interior design – we have just bought our first home and I am really looking forward to making it our own. Now, which shade of pink should I paint the front door?!
- Exercise – I got out of the habit of running in 2017 and I think my mental as well as my physical health suffered as a result. I really want to get back into doing regular and varied exercise to boost my energy levels and endorphins too!